Friday, January 15, 2016

Dieting with Essential Oils

Dieting...ugh just makes me cringe thinking of such a thing! I am on a 1200-1300 calorie diet, use my fitness tracker or as I like to call it "the wristwatch of shame" to get my 10,000 steps in or 25 flights of stairs and the scale I think is broken! I lost 5 lbs so quickly that I assumed dieting would be easy. Now before you hate on me, I need to explain that at almost 30 years old I have NEVER dieted before. I ate anything and everything I wanted because I was that freakishly tall skinny girl that never stopped growing. I didn't need to diet because my body burned through whatever junk I put in my mouth. I, by a lot of standards, am at a healthy weight but I fear that should I want to reproduce I need to be in a little better shape. (No Grandma I'm still not trying to get pregnant!) 

Now my scale seems to jump around from losing weight to gaining it back. My diet is NOT perfect because I have absolutely no willpower but overall I am eating much less and moving a lot more than I usually do. 

What I found that I can graphically track by my daily weight is the days I use a blend of three essential oils I keep steadily declining the numbers on the scale. No it is no a quick fix or a diet fad and there are no guarantees it will work for you but it seems to help boost my results when used in combination of my healthy eating and exercising goals. 

What I use daily is Peppermint, Lemon and Grapefruit essential oils. They seem to help me go longer without feeling hungry and are supposed to flush toxins and help my body "do its thing" while I am eating the correct foods. 



Before you get all judgmental, YES I do sell them (harvestcowgirl@gmail.com), NO I am not trying to force them on anyone, NO I do not think they are a cure-all, and Yes I have found a lot of uses for my essential oils that really do work! 

Now what makes me want to share this with such a public domain? This week I have been so tempted by all my friends on social media selling weight loss this and meal replacement that; I can admit I actually was in the checkout with one product before I decided to research it! What I found was a perfect reminder from a weight loss coach that we need to ask ourselves if it is something that is a quick fix that we cannot sustain long term (for example shakes that do not teach us how to eat right)? If so then do not waste your money! Why I like my oils: they don't claim to be a weight loss supplement, they are just a little extra boost to help your body maintain a healthy weight. No they are not a flashy new product that will promise you will loose 10 lbs in the first week and make thousands of dollars in extra income for you, they are just a natural healthy product used for thousands of years well before conventional medicine that seem to work well for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment