Thursday, January 21, 2016

Leftovers into Yummy Pork and Noodles

Last night I made a Pork roast in the oven with chicken broth, onions, celery and a few carrots. I also made a gravy using some the juice from the pot after it was out of the oven. I made plenty of gravy so with my leftovers, I poured the extra gravy in with my veggies and broth and I shredded my meat using a fork and a knife to cut off any fat and added it to the mix. Clean up was simple I just threw it all in the fridge in one large storage container. 

Today I placed egg noodles in the bottom  of a crockpot with my mixture from last night on top. I had to add a little more juice as the noodles will soak up a lot while cooking. I would have preferred more cooking stock or broth but I was all out from the night before so I added some chicken bouillon powder and water. If you need just a little more moisture, follow the bouillon instructions of once cup of water per 1tsp of powder.  

I placed the crock pot on low for 8 hrs and stirred anytime I was in the kitchen (not because it needed it but because it's what I do).

Okay here is where the proof that I am NOT a professional chef: I added way too much water so I added some sour cream to thicken it up after a few hours. An hour later I still wasn't happy with how soupy it was so I made a little gravy by melting butter and 1/4 cup of flour in a saucepan. I then used the moisture from my crockpot to make a little gravy. I let it cook just as I would gravy and poured the mixture into the crockpot. That helped a lot and the sour cream made a nice creamy color that will go perfect over mashed potatoes. 



Just before dinner time I boiled a large pot of water and placed my peeled and quartered potatoes in the pot. I boiled until the potatoes were soft and a fork easy pierced the potato. 

Next I drained the water, added a couple tablespoons of butter and milk and mashed. If too thick for your taste, add milk. I wanted mine kind of dry and chunky so the adsorb some of the gravy from the pork and noodles. 

Last I prepared plates by one scoop of mashed potatoes and one large scoop of pork and noodles poured over the top. 

Yum Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment