Monday, January 18, 2016

Fast and Easy Pasta Salad

Tonight pasta was on sale but I had to purchase 10 boxes to get the deal. Okay challenge excepted! We haven't had my pasta salad for a while so perfect side for the hubby's lunchbox this week. 

First rule and most importantly, cold salads or side dishes HAVE to be attractive otherwise they will not get eaten quickly! That is why I have to make mine with TriColored Rotini. It is so pretty! I cooked the noodles to the package's directions making sure not to over cook as no one likes mushy cold noodles. 


Next I drained the noodles and immediately added one bottle of Italian dressing. You can make your own, it is not difficult but it is a week night and I have books to dive into. 

Next I added cherry tomatoes. I kept mine whole as I do not like tomatoes and it is easy to pick out when serving. 


Here's the fun part, you can add whatever you like! Sometimes I like bacon crumbles and cubes of cheese, sometimes I add black olives, but my favorite is to add pepperoni. I like the mini pepperoni and will sometimes use the turkey kind as there is little to no flavor difference but tonight I could only find the original sized pieces so I quartered about 2 oz, separated the stick little slices and stirred them into my mixture. 


Lastly I topped with a little bit of cheese for those cheese lovers and placed in the fridge. It will be ready to serve in a couple of hours or perfect by morning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment